before you ask, "wtf?"

I view makeup from the perspective of a painter. Whether a look is practical or not does not matter to me. What does matter is the skill or technique you learn from creating a look. I am not a professional, a guru, or whatever else. I am simply an art student exploring the world of makeup.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Where have I been?


This post is going to be a bit different from my usual makeup-related stuff...

The simple truth is, I've been too stressed out to enjoy makeup the way I normally do. It's incredibly sad, but I have to take things one day at a time and relax when I have the opportunity. The source of most of my stress has been my entering into a new relationship with a close friend of mine. We have always been very close...but now that there is a title defining our relationship, everything has changed. My parents who once loved him now despise him and my mother does everything in her power to break us up, despite knowing that he makes me so so happy. Really, he does. I've never been so happy with someone before!
But what does one do when the odds are against you? I'm your generic white American girl, and he is a half black, half white British guy. No matter what I say or do, nothing will convince my family that he is right for me. And yes, it is about race. At this point, all I can do is wait it out and stay strong in my faith that everything will work out.
The best advice he has given me on the issues is this: Don't listen to what people think, because people rarely think rationally. Listen to what people know, the facts. That's really all that matters.
So, I will not let an opinion break me down. I will not let a thousand opinions break me down. I know what I know, and that is all that matters.

I promise, I will be updating more in the future. In fact, I have two shoots coming up that should be a lot of fun! With that said, I look forward to getting back in the swing of things....have a wonderful week everybody!!

-Tanya

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear.. I really hope everything will turn out very well for you.
    `B

    ReplyDelete